[RACCies] 2004 RACCies Awards Ceremony

Andrew Perron pwerdna at outgun.com
Mon Mar 14 18:00:48 PST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:06:06 +0000 (UTC), saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
(Saxon Brenton) wrote:

>                 o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o
>             o o                 The  2004                 o o
>          o o o                (11th Annual)                o o o
>             o o              RACCies  Awards              o o
>                 o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o   o

Woohoo!

>            "It's still the same old story
>            A fight for love and glory
>            A case of do or die
>            The world will always gawp at conflict
>            As time goes by. "

*wipes away a tear*

>      Conflicto - dressed in a tuxedo of rhinestones - walks on the
> stage followed by a three-eyed crocodile, the fire-breathing camel
> and a wheeled water tank containing a palomino hippocampus.  "Hey,
> thanks PAM2.  And that is *such* a cool tux!".

When I first glanced at that paragraph, I thought there was some kind
of tuxedo-wearing rhinoceros in there.

>      "Finalist for the IMAGE TESTAMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT
> INCLUDED) are: Paul Hardy [the screen shows the Legion of Occult
> Heroes departing with the Dvandom Stranger], Scavenger [Rebell Yell
> sits beside a dusty roadside, waiting for his next storyline to come
> along], and Everyone [screen cycles through audience shots of past
> RACCies ceremonies].  And the winner is (fwoosh!!!): Everyone!  Okay
> people, you can now open those envelopes that were on your chairs
> as you came in."

It's an honor just to be nominated!

>      No-Point Lad happily climbs the stage and accepts the award on
> behalf of the author, to the astonishment of Dismal-Hope Lad, who
> had honestly thought their author had had no chance.

Hee.

>      "Finally from me, RACC11. BEST FLAMEWAR.  The finalists are:
> "Using the word 'said' over other descriptive terms", "Should we stop
> having RACCies?", and "RACC is too apathetic to have flamewars".
> Strange, I thought that last one was just a metatextual comment.
> Oh well.  The winner is: "Should we stop having RACCies?".

Which, in itself, is a bit worrying. >>;

>      Kid Enthusiastic bounces on to stage.  "Thanks, Pointless Awards
> Man!" he chirrups.

Yay! <3 Also, I gotta use "chirrups" at one point.

>      MegaMetal BlastLord

That name gets better each time I read it.

>      "So what happens when Pointless Awards Man I finally gets out
> of that closet?"
>      "Oh, probably just a fight scene."
>      "Oh?  Is that all?"

Next Issue: Somebody DIES!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who resolves to win something next
year!