[LNH] Digital JUMP! #11

phippsmartin at hotmail.com phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:57:53 PDT 2005

Andrew Perron wrote:

> Also, how may of you read Animal Man?

Not me.

> I swear, the last few Grant
> Morrison issues are the prototype for 90% of the LNH's output,
> especially the early stuff.

Then some of the early stuff was probably inspired by Animal Man.  A
lot of the early stuff was also inspired by Crisis, including the end
of the Cosmic Plot Device Caper (almost lost to time if not for google)
and, of course, Cry.sig.  Personally, I would consider Byrne's She-Hulk
to be my main inspiration.  No, scratch that: nothing I wrote was taken
directly from Byrne's She-Hulk.  Things like Animal Man and She-Hulk
basically just gave the LNH credibility: it had already been
established in main steam comics that you could break the fourth wall
and still tell a story.

Martin