8FOLD/PRECOGS: Speak! # 6-9

Tom Russell twopointthreefivefilmwerks at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 05:29:09 PDT 2005

Coming during the fine month of July, there are not one, not two, not
three, but four installments of...

Speak!

The action really heats up as Harry and Gregory find themselves faced
with superheroes, moral choices, and the secrets of the past.

In Speak! # 6, "At the Goodman Museum of Supernatural and Paranormal
Phenomenon and Miscellany", our villains visit the aforementioned
institution, learn some interesting tidbits about super-history, and
watch _Taxi Driver_.  It is also revealed that Gregory is more powerful
than even he knows.

Speak! # 7, "A Drop to Drink", relates a battle between Gregory, Harry
and three superheroes, including the second Dr. Metronome, who made her
debut in May's Journey Into... # 1.  Some dark, muddy moral waters are
waded here, and Gregory is confronted with some ugliness inside
himself.

Speak! # 8, "Whirlwind", finds our villains running out of options, as
one dead-end choice leads to another... and the claustrophobia and
frustration leads to something far more terrible...

Speak! # 9, "Fathers", features the aforementioned "something far more
terrible", and a sliver of Gregory's past insists on its ugly
existence.

So, face front!  Because next month you get one installment each week
of the series End of Month Reviews calls "trangressive... I can't
remember anything like it."

--Tom Russell