[LNH] The Continuing Misadventures of Miss Translation #12

Andrew Perron pwerdna at outgun.com
Mon Jan 17 04:29:34 PST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:25:21 +0000 (UTC), "Jamie Rosen"
<jamie.rosen at sunlife.com> wrote:

> The cover shows Miss Translation, Sleeps With
> Anything Alive Girl, Starts Arguments For No
> Apparent Reason Kid, Blue Wave, and Lamar
> Dunston

I love these LNH roll calls. `-`v

> "And this can of peanut brittle is really a can of peanut brittle?"
> inquired SAFNAR Kid.
> "No."
> "Ha ha! I knew it! What is it?"
> "Open it and see."
> SAFNAR Kid, with a gloating smile on his face, unscrewed the lid of
> the can of peanut brittle -- and snakes flew at his face!

XD This was the first thing I thought of, upon reading the words
"peanut brittle".  Magnificent.

> "I would imagine this Net.Santo has something to do with it,"

Net.Santo, the luchadore who protects Net.xico City from the evil
within the hearts of men!

...or not.

> The central monitor changed to an image of a young man in
> dayglo orange body armor, idly teleporting a pencil from one hand to the
> other, a textbook of some sort open but unattended before him. "Scissors
> Kid!"

I just hope this doesn't become a Kid Rock crossover. *shiver*

> I think of them, essentially, as transitional issues, as
> they wrap up one chapter in the life of Miss Translation
> and her associates, andset up strands for the next chapter.

Always good. `.`v Can't have action all the time (well, you *can*,
but...)

> The really strange thing, though, is that when I first 'killed off'
> CEL, I had a completely different story planned for bringing him
> back, a 4-issue mini called "Cannon Fodder and Invisible-Intangible-
> Inaudible Lass Hit the Road." And I've got half an issue of it written,
> and I still toy with it on occasion.

...yeah, I know how that is. <<; *wasn't sure he was ever going to
finish DJ! #4* *is thankfully going a bit faster than that on #5*

Overall: Well-done, though a bit jarring (since it relies heavily on
continuity, and it's been awhile since the last issue). ^-^v

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, bonus points for peanut brittle.