[LNHY] Precogs / Roster Update

phippsmartin at hotmail.com phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 21:12:25 PST 2005

NAME: World's Worst Heroes
CREATED BY: Arthur Spitzer (arspitzer at aol.com)
and Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Public Domain (Team concept not characters)
ADD NOTES: In his will, Professor World bequeathed his entire fortune,
including his mansion and estate in upstate Net.York to the formation
of a super team to protect humanity.  It was up to the executor of the
will, a Mr. Leroy Laurel, to recruit heroes for the team.  Mr. Leroy
Laurel then effectively became the leader of this new team, receiving a
monthly stipend of one thousand dollars coming from the Professor's
estate.  The will stated that the team should consist of at least seven
active members in order for Leroy Laurel to qualify for his monthly
stipend.  The will did not specify any standards for the team, however,
so Leroy Laurel cynically recruited the World's Worst Heroes.  With the
World's Worst Heroes captured by Doctor Apocalypse (name suggested by
Rob Rogers), Leroy Laurel had to quickly recruit a new team, the All
bad, Even Worse, World's Worst Heroes.
ENEMIES: Mr. Serious, Doctor Apocalypse
FIRST APPEARANCE: Looniverse Y #3 (presumably)

*NAME: Fairy
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Having been effeminate all his life, Fairy's code name was
given to him by his elementary school classmates.

*NAME: Cryalot
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Cries a lot.

*NAME: Least
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Least powerful super hero of all time: could lose a fight
with a new born baby.

*NAME: Pathetic Girl
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Just stands there trying to move things with her mind, but
can't.

*NAME: Liceman
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Ability to shed lice comes from not having taken a bath or a
shower in years.

*NAME: Hack
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Coughs a lot.  Brother of Cryalot.

*NAME: Pola.rec
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Girlfriend of Hack.

*NAME: Worserine
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Tries to incapacitate his enemies with his bad breath.

*NAME: Stone
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Throws stones at oppenents.  Wears gothic clothes and has
body piercings.

*NAME: Nightcrapper
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Carries bags of human waste to hurl at opponents.

*NAME: Lungshot
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Asthma prevents Lungshot from fighting.  He throws playing
cards instead.

*NAME: Dazed
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: A former fashion model and would be pop star, Dazed has
discovered she can't hack it as a superhero either.

*NAME: Confused
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Boyfriend of Dazed.

*NAME: Sighalot
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
ADD NOTES: Sighs a lot.  Has the ability to wear skimpy costumes that
just barely manage to fall within the limits of comics code approval.

I'm thinking of possibly having Looniverse Y #'s 3-4 be bookends for a
crossover called "Axe of Vengence".  (I haven't read actual comics for
years.  Sue me.)  I am thinking that maybe I.sig, SAGneto, Dir.mandu,
Doctor Apocalypse, Mr. Serious and The Before Satan Guy could conspire
to attack the Deadly Serious Squad, the World's Worst Heroes, Doctor
Peculiar, the Teen Fascists, Google.mesh and the Before God Guys with
the LNH being beneath their notice and potentially there to save the
day.  Okay, it's all a bit silly and the Deadly Serious Squad might
object to even being made part of it.  That alone makes it worth doing.
:)

Which reminds me.

NAME: Dr. Stephen Peculiar
CREATED BY: Martin Phipps (martinphipps2 at yahoo.com)
TYPE: Usable Without Permission
SECRET IDENTITY: None
POWERS: None, really.
ADD NOTES: Calls upon the "Hairy Hosts of Hogwarts" to do magic
APPEARANCE: Looks like Timothy Dalton with a goatee. Wears red and
yellow flowing robes.
ALLIES: Hosts of Hogwarts (three teenagers, two boys and one girl);
groupies like Amy and Vicky; his agent, a Mr. Wong
ENEMIES: Dir.mandu, Teen Fascists
FIRST ISSUE: Teen Fascists #5

Anyway, I'm in no hurry to write this.  I figure Pocoloco has already
volunteered to write Looniverse Y #2 and presumably do the honours of
killing off Madame Middle Finger for us so I don't have to worry about
wrapping up that storyline first.  I'm thinking the crossover would
start in Looniverse Y #3, continue in Teen Fascists #8 and Google.mesh
#8 and end in Looniverse Y #4.  The bulk of the story would take place
in the Looniverse Y series so there'd be the possibility of other
tie-ins assuming someone wanted to create an LNHY title between now and
next summer.  The crossover would effectively end the Teen Fascists and
Google.mesh series although they could both appear in Looniverse Y in
the future.

Martin