[LNH] [RACCIES] Just Imagine Saxon Brenton's RACCies! #15

Andrew Perron pwerdna at outgun.com
Wed Feb 2 14:34:45 PST 2005

Manga Man sailed through the net.aether between the newsgroups.  His
mind whirred, trying to answer the mysteries that had sprung up.  Who
had created the RACCies virus?  How did the Grapety Purple Man steal
Saxon from Real Life -1?  Why was his plot-device-sense tingling?  He
sighed.  Maybe some time in
rec.arts.anime.mahou-sensei-einstein.creative would relax him.

...or maybe not.  He stared at the whipping wall of flame that divided
the newsgroup down the middle.  What was this?

He landed.  Everywhere, there were people arguing.  He wandered,
narrowly dodging a comical ball of dust with fists and feet flying
about, and came to the fanfic theater.  Only two had been posted in
the last two weeks - each featuring one author's avatar killing the
other's.  Manga Man shook his head.  How had this utter chaos come
about?

He took off and flew around the newsgroup, encased in a glowing yellow
aura.  Hmm.  Magical duel, orbital laser cannon, the Einsteintron,
someone else glowing, flying, and coming straight at--

*POW*

Manga Man thudded into the ground.  Ow.

Slowly, he pulled himself out of the crater.  What the hfil was--
"You!"

The person in the other crater rose up. "Yes, it is I - Manga Man!"
He landed in front of our protagonist. "And who, I might ask, are
you?"

---===#===---

"Hey, wReamhack!"

The Admin of Audacity turned. "Oh, hi there... um, Firewire, right?"

"Indeed," said the Demon On Treads. "How's the fight against the virus
going?"

"Eh, we've got it all sewn up," said wReamhack. "Just a matter of
getting people to update their virus definitions."

"Ah, good.  And everyone's doing that?"

"Yeah, except for a few lazy holdouts."

"Cool.  Oh, and wReamhack?"

"Yeah?"

"Sorry." Firewire gestured, and sparks shot out of the console,
flooding wReamhack's body with electricity for just a moment.  He
slumped over, unconcious.

Firewire sighed. "Okay, it's all clear..."

"Excellent," cackled the Shoe Devil as he and Bluetooth appeared out
of the air. "Now, to use the LNH's technology and your demonic
networking powers to create a wide-area network directly into the
minds of the people of Net.ropolis!"

---===#===---

Within the conduits of the .netnet, a formless being plotted.  The
machinations of the Shoe Devil would be the perfect trigger for Stage
Two of the RACCies virus - and the "update" that was even now taking
hold in computers all over the world would leave them wide open for
it.

Dark laughter echoed through the modemed halls.

---===#===---

WHY are there two Manga Men?
WHEN is there going to be an update for the Grapety Purple Man/Saxon
Brenton plot?
WHO is the cybernetic mastermind behind the RACCies virus?
WHAT is with all these retcons?

Find out, in the next issue of... Just Imagine Saxon Brenton's
RACCies!

(As for the two Manga Men - I noticed a discrepancy between the
"law-abiding buisnessman" Manga Man from the beginning of the thread
and the "still a supervillain" Manga Man from later on.  This is a bit
of a fix on that.)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, let's see where it goes!