[LNH/RACCies] Just Imagine Saxon Brenton's RACCies #11

phippsmartin at hotmail.com phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 02:33:25 PST 2005

[LNH/RACCies] Just Imagine Saxon Brenton's RACCies #12

One week later.

"What's he doing here?" Sidewinder asked Ultimate Ninja.

"It's quite simple," Ultimate Ninja explained.  "We can't allow the
Kool-Aid Man to go around causing property damage like that."

"But he's a _villain_."

"He's a lawyer," Ultimate Ninja said, "and a good one.  If we hadn't
hired him then the Kool-Aid company would have hired him.  Then we'd
have to take our chances with a different lawyer."

"So it doesn't matter to you that he has represented net.villains in
the past?"

Ultimate Ninja shrugged his shoulders.  "We have to give the man
credit.  He's represented people in the past who were obviously guilty
but he managed to get them off.  He's a good lawyer."

"He is _evil_."

"He was just doing his job."

Sidewinder shook his head.  "I don't know, Ninj.  I never saw you as a
sellout."

Meanwhile, the Legion's financiers, Irony Man and Elvis Man, discussed
the case with Leroy Laurel, aka Lethal Lawyer.

==========

At that same time, in the Monitor Room.

"Hey, wReamHack, Renegade Programmer, how are things coming a long?"
Deja Dude asked.

"Not bad," wReamHack explained.  "All the major anti-virus software
companies have been contacted and are aware of this new virus and are
including a fix for the virus in the current versions of their
programs.  They're also sending out updates to people who have already
purchased their software."

"Unfortunately," Renegade Programmer said sadly, "not everybody uses
anti-virus software and those who do still need to keep it updated to
counter threats like these.  And those who have updated software have
to remember to scan their computers regularly to remove the vruses."

"Yeah," wReamHack said, "but the biggest threat was to eyrie.org.  As
long as Eagle keeps his computers virus free then the eyrie archives
will be safe.  I don't know about google.com.  All we can do is wait
and see what happens when the RACCies results come back."

"I guess we kinda panicked a bit," Deja Dude said, sheepishly.

"Not necessarily," Renegade Programmer said.  "Viruses are a real
threat.  The only way to be absolutely safe from them is to not connect
to the internet.  Unfortunately, the internet is the main reason why
people choose to have computers in the first place."

Deja Dude nodded.  "Yeah, well, as long as the Legion can continue in
some form or another then we won't need to worry."

==========

Later, that evening, in the room belonging to Firewire, formally
Anti-septic Lad...

"I have returned!"

"Who are you?" Firewire asked.

"I am the Shoe Devil!" the Shoe Devil told him.  "Remember?  I granted
you your powers in exchange for your services!"

"What do you want?"

"I want you to help me!"

"Do what?"

"You shall help me to take from the members of the LNH all their
soles!"

"You're mad!"

"Today the LNH!  Tomorrow the world!"

HOW does the Shoe Devil plan to take everybody's soles?
WHY does he want them?  Is this some kind of foot fetish?  Ew!
WILL Firewire agree to help the Shoe Devil?
WHEN will the case of the LNH vs. Kool Aid man go to trial?
WHAT wil be the outcome?

Martin