[META] This is just TOO funny

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 23:53:19 PST 2005

Okay, so when I meet Chinese people I always take the opportunity to
practice my Chinese.  I was talking to some Chinese people today and I
had to ask "How do you say 'rude' in Chinese?"  Apparently, it's
"Tsulu".  Thus, if you point to someone and say "Tsulu" then you are,
in Chinese, accusing them of being rude.

Now, what I want to see is an episode of Star Trek (the original
series) dubbed into Chinese and then, as an afterthought, provided with
English subtitles.  The subtitles could appear as follows.

KIRK: Hey!  Asshole!  Warp factor 7!
SULU: Aye aye Captain!

Martin