8FOLD/ACRA: The House of Fiction # 1

martinphipps2 at yahoo.com martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 22:26:00 PDT 2005

Tom Russell wrote:

> There's this program called D.A.R.E., Drug Abuse Resistance Education, and it's been proven to be the least-effective drug education program ever. I think I was the only kid to come out of the program who truly believed the _Reefer Madness_-esque lies we were force-fed about relatively benign drugs like pot.

Truth is pot is no worse -and no better- than alcohol.

> Her second marriage hasn't faired any better: also a drunk with a nasty temper, he once held her at gunpoint while the police tried to coax him outside. He doesn't eat. Just drinks and smokes. The doctor has no idea how he's still alive, living on booze.

Exactly.  So I don't drink.

Actually, Taiwan beer is nice.  I never had beer when I was young so it
probably tastes like a light beer.  But beer in the Philippines is very
strong: my wife will drink two bottles at a party and almost pass out.
Me, I don't touch the stuff.

Martin