[8FOLD/META] About the Author: Jamie Rosen

Jamie Rosen jamie.rosen at sunlife.com
Sat Apr 23 19:00:57 PDT 2005

Caveat Lector: There may be spoilers for Template #1. But then, you
should have read it by now anyway.

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT?

My name is Jamie Rosen. That's not my full name, and I'm afraid I don't
have a complex and entertaining tale behind my name like Tom does, but
that's neither here nor there.

I've been writing on RACC since 1997 -- it's easy for me to remember
the date because that was the title of my first, rather dismal, series.
I've written comedy, I've written drama, I've run the RACCies, I've
edited RACC Presents, and I've been a general dilettante and gadabout.

YEAH, SO?

The Eightfold Universe is my first attempt to get in on the ground
floor of shared universe creation. Previously, I've either played in
other people's sandboxes (LNH; STARFALL; even IP, barely) or built my
own and then let them languish. With Eightfold, I'm working with Tom
Russell -- and other writers in the future, hopefully -- to build a
shared universe that is more than any one of us could have come up with
on our own.

TELL ME MORE, TELL ME MORE, DOES HE HAVE A NICE CAR?

Template is the tale of Billy Kidman, a twenty-something man who moves
back to his home town following his father's death, taking over the
local used book shop and getting settled in his life. But nothing is
ever so simple, and Billy discovers that his father was the World War
II hero Template -- and that his life may never be settled again.

TELL ME MORE, TELL ME MORE, DID YOU GET VERY FAR?

Off of RACC, I've sold two dozen or so short stories over the years.
This year, "Creek Man" will be getting an Honourable Mention in the big
Year's Best Fantasy & Horror put out by St. Martin's Press (that's the
fat hardcover and trade paperback with the beautiful cover.) I
currently pay the bills working in insurance -- in customer service,
not sales -- and I'm working with an artist friend of mine on a
manga-inspired romantic comedy that should hopefully see print some
time this year (touch wood.)

I also have two cats, Ember and Spondulix. Both of them are under a
year old, and they're the first pets I've ever had to take care of all
on my own. I think I'm doing an all right job, and they don't seem to
complain.

DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH ME, BUT LEAVE THE GIRL OUT OF THIS!

That's about it.