8FOLD/META: About the Author # 1: Tom Russell

Andrew Perron pwerdna at outgun.com
Wed Apr 20 13:36:20 PDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:01:39 +0000 (UTC), martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
wrote:

> See now, this would be the one argument in favour of alternate
> universes as you referred to above.  The same characters in the same
> universe have a certain "feel" but change the setting and you change
> everything.  How do these characters behave under different
> circumstances?  Are they even the same characters?  Now you can tell
> stories with the same basic characters but appeal to a whole new
> audience.

This, I think, leads to the greatest unexplored aspect of alternate
universes.  What happens in everday life when the public discovers
that there's a world where you exist... but your life went slightly
differently?  Everyone has their own personal "What If"s, after all.
And what if you discovered you went down the *wrong* path?

I just think that'd be cool. ``v

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, not quite the same thing, but.