[BP] No-Point Lad and the Dismal-Hope Kid #1

drtimphd drtimphd at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 11:36:26 PDT 2004

Boring Publications Presents...

                      NO-POINT LAD & THE DISMAL-HOPE KID #1
                                   By Tim Munn

	The journey was long and difficult for him, but more so for his
friend the Dismal-Hope Kid.  D-HK had been dragging him across half
the country.  But could one argue after not having to do the long,
difficult job of walking yourself?  He wasn't going to complain.
	But as is human nature, if not generally, then Dismal-Hope Kid's,
there has to be a complainer.  "Ahh!  We're not going to get through
this!  I have had no food or drink in the last three days!"  He said,
raising three fingers to illustrate.
	"What's the point in eating?"  No-Point Lad said.  He raised his
hands to the sky, sighing loudly.  "Its overrated if you ask me.  We
should be like plants and get our food from our skin."
	D-HK looked at him confused.  "Get up and get us something to eat."
He managed.  He was lucky really; confusion often overtook him in
times like these.  But hey, it was the way he was written.
	N-PL sighed and replied: "You know there's no point in that.  Do you
remember the time we face the Bored Enigma?  You wanted to me to help
you beat him?  Well, there was no point to it, so he whooped you like
a baseball.  You're hopes of not getting severely whopped were as
pointless then as they are now."  He said, reminding D-HK of a full
one-third of their adventures.  He could recall their other adventure,
but that would be going against his recently established idiom of
having no point.
	"Oh."  D-HK said, seeming to think on this.  "So if the world were to
end, you'd still be lying there, complaining there's no point in
saving the world?"  He asked N-PL as seriously as he possibly could.
	"Exactly!  That's why we have super-teams.  I vote for So-and-So Team
to save the world, or So-and-So Hero to save the world."  He said,
trying to explain it as simply as possible.  "There's no point in me
saving the world when there are super-heroes around."
	D-HK grunted and drove his foot into the dusty soil.  "We're freaking
super-heroes, man!  We could try to save the world more often.  Our
chances would be slim to none though."  He said, realizing his powers
of Dismal Hope were taking hold.
	N-PL laughed and rose to his feet.  He clapped D-HK on the back.
"Ah!  Now you see the point in having no point!"
	"Yeah!"  D-HK replied.  But a look of realization flew over his face.
 "Hey!  I thought your powers were that of Having No Point?!"  He
said, shaking N-PL by the shoulders.
	"Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!  I do have one point!"  He screamed
in joy.  "I have a point!"  He screamed again, jumping up and down and
doing his victory dance.

NEXT ISSUE: Does No-Point Lad really have a point?  Will this raise
Dismal-Hope Kid's hopes?  Or will the Bored Enigma find a way to
distract the duo from their adventure?  Find out in the next exciting
issue!

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hey, my first story posted to RACC!  I hope you guys
liked it.  It was written almost a week ago now, along with #2.  It's
a little short due to the fact I'm trying to write No-Point Lad & the
Dismal-Hope Kid's adventures on a single lined sheet of paper.  It may
seem rough because it came right from my brain, with a little editing
thrown in.  I want it to be like this, some would call it creative
vision.  This is mine.

CHARACTERS:
No-Point Lad, Dismal-Hope Kid, and Bored Enigma created and copyright
by Tim Munn.
No-Point Lad and Dismal-Hope Kid #1 copyright 9/5/2004 Tim Munn.

Tim "Point Man" Munn