[REV] End of Month Reviews - August 2004 [spoilers]

Martin Phipps phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 19:49:09 PDT 2004

arspitzer at aol.com (Arspitzer) wrote in message
news:<20040904221332.04530.00000209 at mb-m02.aol.com>...

> I wonder if someone made a call right now to create a serious superhero
> universe, like Badger did along time ago if anyone would take that call
> up?

Plans to create "serious superhero" universe seem more like plans for
role playing games.  I think the appeal of the LNH (for some) is that,
like the comics that they are inspired by, it isn't taken too
seriously.  On the other hand, I don't like silly stories with talking
animals, zombies or fighting dancers.  I think a story universe that
doesn't make room for both serious and funny stories is fundamentally
flawed.

Martin