[LNHY/ACRA] The Daily Super Short-Short Story #25

Jesse Willey cabbagewielder at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 17:24:54 PDT 2004

> That's about right.  When I realise i am dreaming I
> usually wake up.

  When I know I'm dreaming I'm more like Q.  I imagine
it and then it happens.   And then usually I'm not
bound by my normal code of ethics.   Though I usually
waste omnipotence on something stupid like stupid like
making a meatball sub so big that I can't eat it...
and then eat it or finding out what Jean Luc Picard
would like with an afro.

> For me, flying in dreams takes place not because I
> realise I am
> dreaming and I think I can do anything but because I
> realise I can't
> feel my feet touching the ground so then I
> rationalise this by having
> myself fly instead of run or walk.  Or when I
> imagine myself running
> and I try to go faster I realise my legs aren't
> really moving at all
> and I wonder why I am still moving forward so again
> I rationalise this
> as me flying.  If it occurs to me in either case
> that I am actually
> dreaming then I will wake up.  It would appear that
> the mind goes out
> of its way to convince us that our dreams are real,
> presumably so that
> we don't wake up prematurely.

 I often realize dreaming and like it.  Much fun to be
had there.    I guess some people can't handle the
idea that the reality experience is unreal.   Most
people get really wrapped up in their dreams and WANT
to believe they are real.  In the case of nightmares,
they are just to scared to take the chance that it is
real.  I find I have less control over dreams when on
my AD/HD meds.  It is possible there is some
connection between AD/HD and lucid dreaming.  Deserves
some study methinks.