[LNHY/ACRA] The Daily Super Short-Short Story #63 [Long, again]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at outgun.com
Mon Nov 29 10:54:26 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:44:48 +0000 (UTC), phippsmartin at hotmail.com
wrote:

>But if Gilgamesh was a real person and there was a major flood during his
>reign then, gee, I guess it was a historical event, just not the global
>disaster that the Bible made it out to be.

Well, many different cultures have a flood myth - I seem to remember
at least one of the South American pre-Columbian cultures, for
instance, having one.

>The idea that the Nephilim were, in fact, Neanderthals throws a monkey
>wrench into this discussion though.

Doubt it - really, Neanderthals weren't *that* different-looking from
standard humans.  Certainly no more so than the different races of
humanity are from each other.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, sheeshery.