[LNHY/ACRA] The Daily Super Short-Short Story #63 [Long, again]

Eagle eagle at eyrie.org
Sun Nov 21 23:34:11 PST 2004

In alt.comics.lnh, Martin Phipps <phippsmartin at hotmail.com> writes:

> It gets worse.  On a hunch, I did a google search for "Nephilim
> Neanderthal".  According to http://bric.users.ftech.net/rp.no38.html
> "According to present scientific thinking the fossil record of
> Neanderthals abruptly ends about 30,000 to 35,000 years ago ... It is
> the writers belief that this hybrid half breed race referred to as the
> Nephilim were in fact one and the same as the Neanderthal race."

> Anyway, I have to go.  I've got work to do.  I'll have to look at all
> this later.

It's worth noting that Nephilim have been the subject of a great deal of
fiction, from fantasy novels (one series by Storm Constantine, for
instance, and they turn up in Madeline L'Engle as well) to In Nomine role
playing ideas to apocalyptic Christian fiction.  They're a favorite of a
few species of nut cases and conspiracy theorists, too, so be cautious of
the sources of the stuff that you find on the net about them.

As with a lot of other things, the amount of space they received in the
Bible is inversely proportional to the amount of energy people put into
debating them.

--
Eagle (eagle at eyrie.org)                            Windrider of Crossroads
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>          rec.arts.comics.creative moderator