[RACCies/LNHY] My eligibles / Other ramblings

Martin Phipps phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 20:58:37 PST 2004

My eligibles,

Bride of C'thulhu #7                        - 09 Jun 2004
The Daily Super Short Story #0 [LNHY]       - 29 Aug 2004
Deja Dude and Master Blaster Special #1     - 18 Jul 2004
Deja Dude and Master Blaster Special #2     - 22 Aug 2004
Deja Dude and Master Blaster Special #3     - 30 Aug 2004
Generation Zed, the New Class #3 [LNH2]     - 04 Apr 2004
Generation Zed, the New Class #4 [LNH2]     - 07 Apr 2004
Generation Zed, the New Class #5 [LNH2]     - 17 Jun 2004
Generation Zed, the New Class #6 [LNH2]     - 17 Jun 2004
Generation Zed, the New Class #7 [LNH2]     - 19 Jun 2004
Generation Zed, the New Class #8 [LNH2]     - 20 Jun 2004
Generation Zed: The New Class #9 [LNH2]  (w Jesse Willey) - 06 Aug
2004
Generation Zed: The New Class #10 [LNH2] (w Jesse Willey) - 13 Aug
2004
Generation Zed: The New Class #11 [LNH2] (w Jesse Willey) - 19 Aug
2004
Generation Zed: The New Class #12 [LNH2] (w Jesse Willey) - 27 Aug
2004
LNH Asia 2020 #1 [LNH2]                     - 13 Apr 2004
LNH Asia 2020 #2 [LNH2]                     - 16 Apr 2004
LNH Asia 2020 #3 [LNH2]                     - 25 Apr 2004
LNH Asia 2020 #4 [LNH2]                     - 25 Apr 2004
LNH Asia: Full Throtle #1 [LNH2]            - 31 Jul 2004
LNH Asia: Full Throtle #2 [LNH2]            - 01 Aug 2004
LNH Asia: Full Throtle #3 [LNH2]            - 01 Aug 2004
LNH Asia: Full Throtle #4 [LNH2]            - 01 Aug 2004
LNH Comics Presents Special #10             - 11 Oct 2004
LNH Comics Presents Special #10 Part 2      - 15 Oct 2004
LNH Europe 2020 #1 [LNH2]                   - 12 Apr 2004
LNH Europe 2020 #2 [LNH2]                   - 15 Apr 2004
LNH Europe 2020 #3 [LNH2]                   - 24 Apr 2004
LNH Europe 2020 #4 [LNH2]                   - 25 Apr 2004
LNH Forever #1 [LNH/LNH2]                   - 18 May 2004
LNH Forever #2 [LNH/LNH2]                   - 19 May 2004
LNH Forever #3 [LNH/LNH2]                   - 20 May 2004
LNH Forever #4 [LNH/LNH2]                   - 20 May 2004
Teen Fascists #1 [LNHY]                     - 07 Nov 2004
Teen Fascists #2 [LNHY]                     - 08 Nov 2004
Teen Fascists #3 [LNHY]                     - 09 Nov 2004
Teen Fascists #4 [LNHY]                     - 10 Nov 2004
Teen Facsists #5 [LNHY]                     - 17 Nov 2004
Teen Fascists #6 [LNHY]                     - 18 Nov 2004
Ultimate Ninja 2020 #1 [LNH2]               - 27 Aug 2004
Ultimate Ninja 2020 #2 [LNH2]               - 27 Aug 2004
Ultimate Ninja 2020 #3 [LNH2]               - 28 Aug 2004
Ultimate Ninja 2020 #4 [LNH2]               - 28 Aug 2004
What If... Jesus had been a Scientist! [LNHY] - 16 Oct 2004,

are mostly LNH2 this year.  And most of the LNH stuff I did write
involved members of the LNH watching TV.  When I go back to look at
the full list though, I see that the only LNH series with more than
three issues posted were Vel and Alt.Riders.  Hmm.  Maybe Jesse and
Jamas should do a crossover.

I actually did (slightly) more LNHY than LNH this year (not including
the LNH2 stuff).  I might do more LNHY stuff later.  I am intrigued by
this line from The Daily Super-Short Short Story #63: "there [are]
loads of gods and demons
and stuff out there, all from mutually contradictory myths and
religions".  In the Marvel Universe, you have the Asgardians, the
Olympians, the Atlanteans, the Lemurians, the Eternals, the Devients,
the Inhumans, the Celestials, the Watchers, Galactus, the Beyonder,
etc., etc., etc., and at no point (with the exception of Uncanny X-Men
#203 or so in which Nightcrawler got a major headache trying to figure
out what it all meant) does anybody ever worry about the theological
implications of all this.  Apparently no distinction is made in
Looniverse Y between atheists (who would say that none of them exist)
and polytheists (who would say that all of them exist) so there would
be this mutually contradicting drive to promote the existance of God
while denying the godhood of the other gods out there.  And, in
Looniverse Y, the other gods might actually be of similar stature to
God himself: after all, it has already been established that there are
people beings than God in Looniverse Y so perhaps there are beings
almost as old as God.  It can give you a major headache trying to
think about this: after all, we have the ultra silly Arthur Spitzer
stuff and the ultra serious Saxon Brenton stuff and it might take a
while to reconcile everything so that it all makes sense.  It
certainly wasn't something we worried about in the mainstream LNH: Kid
Kirby represented ALL of Kirby's creations, although I suppose his
closest mainstream comics analogy would be Mr. Miracle with the BOOM
tubes and mother box, etc.  As far as I can tell, the only gods were
the writers themselves, and not everybody believed in them or even
knew of their supposed existance.  So the bottom line is that I might
want to take time out to study some comparative mythology and then ask
serious questions about how ordinary people would react to gods
walking around and how that would affect their religious beliefs, and
at the same time try to come up with a way to make it funny.

Incidentally, "What If... Jesus had been a Scientist!" was written
before I knew that Looniverse Y had various gods and demons walking
around.  I suppose it probalbly should be ignored in favour of the
Jesus that appeared in The Daily Super-Short Short Story.  One has to
wonder however: if Jesus and his followers smoked marihuana then how
much of the new testament was simply the product of hallucinations?
("Hey, Jesus, this water tastes like wine."  "Hey I thought we only
had a few fishes and few loaves of bread.  What the f--?"  "Hey,
Jesus, are you, like, walking on water?")  Hmm.

Martin