[LNHY/ACRA] The Daily Super Short-Short Story #62

Martin Phipps phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 14 20:47:02 PST 2004

Saxon wrote:
"I can't possibly make generalisations about what *every* believer
and non-believer in Looniverse Y thinks, but in TJ's case he simply
notes that there are a lot of dieties wandering about, and that they
can't *all* really be the creators of the universe. And being
something
of a cynic he doesn't trust any of them not to be making blanket
claims
to bring in worshippers. (Although what he failes to appreciate is
that
in comic book universes - and not just parody ones like the various
Looniverses - you can have multiple mutually contradictory things be
literally true, for a given value of 'true'.)"

Thanks.  I suppose one could argue the same thing about demons in the
Marvel Universe.  In the Ultimates they were explicitly sceptical
about Thor really being the God of Thunder so I guess TJ could say
"Oh, he _said_ he was Jesus.  So what?" :)

Martin