[LNHY/ACRA] The Daily Super Short-Short Story #62

Martin Phipps phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 13 20:56:24 PST 2004

saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au (Saxon Brenton) wrote in message news:<15f3bff1.0411131413.2d7e5210 at posting.google.com>...

>      Ha! Finished!

Good read... but there's one thing I don't understand: if there really
are demons walking around in Looniverse Y and Jesus Christ sometimes
shows up to fight them then what does it mean to be an atheist in
Looniverse Y?  Does it mean someone who _specifically_ doesn't believe
that God exists?  Or is it somebody who thinks that all this talk of
demons walking the Earth is a hoax?  Or would atheists in Looniverse Y
admit that God would exist but that he would be no different than any
of the other powerful beings walking around and NOT the creator of
Looniverse Y as he claims?  I was rather expecting a discussion in the
epilogue along the lines of TJ saying "Wow if Jesus exists and demons
then I guess God exists" and Martin might rub his nose in it a bit.
So, like I said, I'm thinking "atheist" means something other than
simply not believing in God in this Looniverse.

Martin