[Admin/RACCies] RACCies announcement/discussion prompt

Saxon Brenton saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Mon Nov 8 02:16:59 PST 2004

Jamas Enright <thad at eyrie.org> replied:

> Unlesss something has gone wrong with the server, I'm seeing zeroes
> replies to this so far. Which, to me, suggests and overwhelming lack
> of interest in this. (Or complete agreement with what you say, hard
> to tell.)

   I'd guess the former, myself. (That said, I am wondering what naked
singularity people like Dvandom or Eagle have fallen into that they
haven't replied on a topic like this.)

> In retaliation, let me say: why wait three years? Why not have this year
> be the last? Rather than continue to fight declining voting and increasing
> frustration on the RACC Awards Organisers behalf (i.e. Saxon's), just pack
> them away tidily now.

   Well... The real reason is that I've got some fun ideas for the ongoing
silliness of the awards presentations (I have already indicated that
Pointless Awards Man I is going to escape from that broom cupboard eventually,
haven't I? Yes, I'm sure I've cackled over that prospect at some time or
other...)  But also, there is a certain amount of perverse pride involved
("you volunteered to do the RACCies, and then bunked out at the first sign
of problems? Sheeeyeah, you're a copout, man.")

---
Saxon Brenton    Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au