[LNHY/ACRA] The Daily Super Short-Short Story #51 [long]

Saxon Brenton saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Tue Nov 2 12:20:08 PST 2004

Brian (Obscure Trivia Lad) <bperler at sprynet.com> nitpicked:
> "Saxon Brenton" <saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au> wrote in message
>>      In August of 1988 the then president George Bush Sr said that as
>
> Just to be nitpicky, Bush wasn't president in August of 1988; Reagan was.
> Bush was elected in November of 1988, and thus became president in January
> 1989.

   I concede the error and should of named him vice-pres. That was careless
of me, since I know there's a difference between the US election and
inaugration dates, even if I can rarely remember what the latter is

> Just to be really, really nitpicky, he's not really "George Bush Sr.", as
> there's no "George Bush Jr."  (George W. Bush has a different name than George
> Herbert Walker Bush, thus he isn't a "Junior".)

   Yah. This I knew about, but I deliberately went for a mis-naming (as well
as an anarchronism in needing to distinguish him from his son since the son
never got to be president in Looniverse Y) to distinguish between the two
for readers.

> But that's probably just Obscure Trivia Lad being too nitpicky about
> inconsequential matters.  (But then, if he can't do that, who can?)  :)

   Who indeed?  But you left out my mispelling of 'Brigham Young' in my mad
rush to get this typed and posted at work after my home computer died.

---
Saxon Brenton     Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au