LNH/Historical: Retcon Hour Stuff

Arspitzer arspitzer at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 15:21:30 PDT 2004

I found this when I was going through some old disks of mine.
I guess someone out there might find this interesting.
This is the planning for the Retcon Hour crossover.
It gives you an example of what organized chaos looks like.
Looks like Martin was right about the Omaha Project.

           *7/6/94  3:56 pm GMT-7    jmccoske at sedona.intel.com

           A new week, a new update.  It's that simple.  Say hi to

          Arthur and Mario who also have blindly volunteered.  Without

          further ado, I'll sum up the series and open the floor for

          discussion.

                LNH TP #4 -- me The kickoff, foreshadow Time Crapper/

                                    RACCelestial Madonna

           RETCON HOUR 0 -- posted, causing distress ;]

                Pliable Lad 21-22 -- Mike Retcons ahoy for Pli and

          company

           RETCON HOUR 1 -- posted

                SM & LIR 11 -- Badger Historical hysterix

           RETCON HOUR 2 -- posted

                Gen Y 7-8 -- Martin Retcons gummin' up the works

           RETCON HOUR 3 -- posted
	     =========================

                Nicks of Time -- me&Tick Quest for the tiara of destiny, to

           crown the RACCelestial MAdonna (solicited)
           -- issues 1&2 this week -- delayed.  Tick slow to get back

           (he has #1)

                Omaha Proj ?? -- Russ/Arthur OP timeline fluctuates

           madly, maybe freeing spirits

           (solicited)

               CCjr & Coma Kid #1, UFORCE #10 -- Mongoose CCjr. gets

           Ring of Retcon, loses ring to TC or wRM, chronal chaos

           (solicited)
           Errand Boy #6 -- Stirge IMPLO jumps in to run rampant
           through the active titles.

                Unlikely Aliens #5-(6) -- Scott Many many rampant

          retcons ;]

                System Corruptors -- Badger/Jeff Clean up Time

           Crapper/Contraption Man plot set up for finale ***I think we

          can use this as planned, plus RHAlpha, BADGE***

           (solicited) -- explains how & why retcons galore

                LNH CP 21 -- Badge/Jeff RACCelestial Madonna Pageant

           (re-solicited) -- Ken had to bow out (say goodbye evrybody).

          Something

           about finding a job and starting real life.  Sounds

          depressing.

           (Incidentally Mario, if you want to jump in here, there

          could be

            possibilities for Netrigan and the LNH gals vs. Ida)
           <<round robin finish, LS or something>> all
           wherein all plots are closed down in a 'write a section,

          pass

           it on motif' Working title Retcon Hour Omega I reccommend

          Mongoose

           be last in rotation -- he's got a good/clear idea on

          wrap-up.

          --

           And now the traditional up-to-the-minute plot synopsis:

                ReFoDis moves ACLNH to RACC overriding Universal Anchor

          which

           calls Time Crapper and Contraption Man to present who

          procede to

           retcon whole Myk-El thing repeatedly, trashing continuity in

          the

           process.  Turns out CM is actually working for wReamicus

          Maximus

           who wanted to trash continuity all along.
	       Meanwhile, RACCelestial Madonna pageant kicks off lacking
          crown but

           DD&VG go back in time to prevent TC's creations the Time

          Mime and

           Kronos the Clown from stealing it from Net.ler, thus saving

          the

           pageant and the new madonna.

            AND SM&LIR split into past & future where future group meet

          post-Cry.Sig

            Crapper who knows how RETCON Hour ends & wants to 'fix' it.

            (Likely trying to Retcon Cry.Sig altogether to lose his

          crappy complexion.)

            SM&LIR(future) fall under post-C.S TC's influence, later to

          battle LNH.  > (specifically Kid Chivalry and Kid Anarky)

          >AND Ring of RETCON falls into wRM/TC hands who runs rampant

          thru the > Plurealities -- maybe tying in to Deadmeat Earth!

          RAC.ctre formed to > fight moves.

           ALSO IMPLO finds the LNH too cumbersum, cancells titles willy

           nilly much to the joy of wRM.  AND Tempest world on

          collision

           course w/ Looniverse Earth

           (through some unspecified means) requires breakup of

          PartyGame Hell

           to fix. Lastly, Omaha Project gets shoved 4 months into the

          future

           (now) w/ repurcussions as their villains interact here.

          >All parallel Earths start collapsing together/dissapperaing

          as a result of > Ring of Retcon, ala Crisis.  CCjr. and key

          heroes use power of memory > to buy time and stall retcons

          enough to defeat all by ...

                All closes up when DD&VG return to present, crown RACC

          Madonna

           who w/ Myk-El/CM retcons end up defeating TC/wRM -- also

          Errand

           boy/Implo resolved and TempestEarth pushed back (perhaps revealing

           why it's called DeadmeatEarth. (Special Badger Addition:

          Becomes

           rather...Barren, let's just say. This will begin in SM #12)

           All continuity fixed (except Pli who somehow figures into

          the final

           battle and can't be re-retconned for fear of undoing LNH

          victory)

           (also excepting Myk-El whose creator is in on it)

          ================

          ISSUES:  (new rollup of suggestions and my takes on them)

          BADGE:  Retcon Hour Alpha could prob'ly be rolled in with Sys

          Corruptors

           I'll have a big chunk o' stuff Friday (Myk-El, CM, TC, wRM)

           I reccommend you talk to Mongoose -- he's already planning

          to crash a few Earths together so maybe you two could tie it

          together

           (Also, how about Rac.ctre as your Big Space guys's name?)

          BADGE:  Re our co-projects -- RHA/SYSC:  SysC finished this

          week, I'll fward it,

           LNHCP 21 (Pageant), not started yet, essentially involves

          Nix O' Time

           returning Tiara of Destiny & crowning while Ida et al

          terro-rize the

           female heroes.  I've chosen a winner, but I'm open to input

          ;]

          A Message from STIRGE:  Could everyone please write a short

          bit in an issue of their series(on-going series only, please)

          where IMPLO shows up and cancels the series, by killing them,

          or retconning them out of existence, or whatever. Pick the

          method that best suits you.

          Physically, IMPLO is about 7' tall, very bulky, and covered head-to-
          toe in a blue-and-green metallic costume. His eyes
          are standard white-with-no-pupils and are the only

          discernable features on his face. He won't say anything to

          your characters, except maybe "Cancelled," in cold, robotic

          tone. You can have your character or group fight him, or be

          taken by surprise, or whatever, but they won't be able to

          defeat him.

           >> I see this as a cheesey way to boost sales.  We all have

          cover blurbs

           >> 'Collector's Item Last Issue' then proceed to have

          followon issues

           >> after IMPLO defeated at RH end.  Give him your support!

          ARVELKS:  [thoughts on Slobbering Grue vs Heckfire Club,

          Ur-Grue xovers]

           Go for it.  Just coord w/ Martin/Scott.  (personally I'd

          like to see

           the latter)

           [Dekay and Diskolor return]

           Never thought I'd say this but I think we've got enough villains
now.
           ;]
           [Time Whino, Chuggernaut vs. RACCelestial Madonna and Frat

          Boy/Token]

           Of course now that I've said that, I love this idea.  Time

          Mime and

           Kronos the Clown are anti-Pageant, so Time Whino could be

          created

           simultaneously.  Frat Boy and Token Girl are perfect

          opposition.

           Let's develope this for LNH CP #21

           [finale ideas, 'trial of Fanfic']

           I think Mongoose has a clean ending we should go with.

          These ideas are

           robust enough to think about another, future arc (see Badge

          for the next

           mega-xover) though.

           [Time Mime usage]

           He's Tick's, but coord through me.  Shouldn't be a prob,

          especially if

           Time Whino is involved ;]
	    MARTIN:  [What's with all these special issues?  Stick with
          known series dammit]

           I'm now leaning towards agreement, only so we can roll this

          in with

           Stirge's IMPLO and cancel them as we go. ;]

           [Nix O' Time as LNH CP21-22]

           My main reason for not doing this would be that with Tick's

          irregular

           contact we might screw up the IMPLO thing.  IMPLO can't

          touch LS's,

           so NOT is immune and hence can't muck it up.

           [Omaha is going to be tough to include.]

           Agreed, but if Russ knows what he's doing, I'll cut him some

          slack.

           [LNH CP a good forum for Pagent, other NWC material.]

           Yup.  And it very well may stretch into a special length.

          And I hope

           everyone knows Ken envisioned LNH CP as a System Corruptors

          for NWCs --
	    ie anyone can write an issue or five.
           [I'm not a liberal dammit!]

           Maybe, but you're no Drizzt either. ;]

           [Ken's LNHCP12?  Is it dead?]

           Dunno, I think Ken still logs in on weekends, but very

          sporadically.

           [Retcon Omega also another series]

           Maybe, but if IMPLO cancels everything else, we might _have_

          to go

           oneshot.

          SCOTT:  [Unlikely Aliens retcons]

           Sound ideal.  Forge ahead!  (Though I would change the

          'holes in time

           and space' to just chronal inconsistancies and retcon

          madness.)a

          MONGOOSE:  to avoid confusion, here's his proposal.  My

          suggested tweakings in

           ALL CAPS (quiet!)
	    CCjr. will be having the ring of Retcon, which is given to
          him in Coma& CHamp #1. He won't even think about using it

          until well into the crossover- U-Force 10, where he meets up

          with U-Force. He's going to screw it up, and lose the ring to

          the Time Crapper, who will then become really nastily

          powerful. Powerful enough that no force in the universe can

          stop him.

          USE wREAMICUS MAXIMUS GETTING RING INSTEAD.

            The Crapper, who is really peeved that there are so many

          earhts he has to keep track of, decides to retcon everything

          so that there was only One earth that all characters came

          from. (Sort of like collapsing Earth-1, -2, etc.  in

          _Crisis_.) HE strats retocnningaway, and earths start

          blipping from the Plurealities.

          HAVE wRM COLLAPSE PLURAL EARTHS, INCLUDING DEADMEAT EARTH,

          TYING IN W/ BADGE AND SPE.NET.CTRE/RAC.CTRE
	    Then he tries to retcon Nightbeast. But since the Rathani
          (a Racconoid tribe) never evolved as a semi-sentient race on

          Earth Looniverse, he has to come up wit h a new origin. So,

          he tries to retcon NB to being a transformed human.

          Nightbeast, in an amazing show of spritiual strength,

          resists. The Crapper starts panicking, and trying all other

          retconns he can think of: Mutant, boiengineered creature,

          alien- nothing works. Finally, the light clicks on in CCjr.'s

          head. Nightbeast can resist the Crapper and his retocnning

          because his memories and attackment to his origin (ehich is a

          brutal, nasty affair) are too strong. "Memories are the Only

          thing that can stop a retcon! The only thing that can

          preserve the past!" He Tells all the LNHErs to think of the

          past... and it works! The Crapper cannot erase memories, nor

          can he change the value and power of old stories (real-life

          moral here.).

          I'D RATHER SEE MYK-EL IN THIS ROLE, SINCE HIS CORRUPTION IS

          CENTRAL TO THE PLOT.  YOUR ENDING ALLOWS AN EASY OUT FOR THOSE WHO
          PREFER DVANDOM'S MYK-EL TO WREAM'S MYK-EL AND VICE
          VERSA.  I CAN HELP W/ THE MYK-EL ANGLE IF NEEDED (MIKE KELLEY

          ALREADY OK'D HIS USE)

          At this point, the retconning stymied, the Heroes launch a

          pyshical assault on the baddies- and win. Pli could die here,

          and soemone could probably write the fight scene- I'm horrid

          with those... At the end, the bad guys are defeated ; CCjr.

          gains mega-power for just long enough to fix *some*

          continuity and ret- con (in a *positive* way) the LNH

          Universe. HE manages to restore the multiple earths.. unless

          the authors don;t want them restored. Then, he colapses .

          FRom this point on, everyone starts heading home...CCJr. End

          up with a big speech on how 'Retcons and coninuity are not

          what are *trulY* important..  memories and stories are."

          Close curtain.

          OF Cousre, this would need heavy revamping to fit other

          characters. I'm pretty sure that the Madonna can act as a

          inspirational tool, Swordy can deliver some of the final physical
          blows, and any other charachters can be a part of
          the fight.

           Later, JJMcC