META: The Age of RACC Readership

Saxon Brenton saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Sat Jun 12 19:18:52 PDT 2004

arspitzer at aol.com (Arspitzer) wrote:
> I'm just curious who still reads RACC and
> also what the average age of people who
> read RACC.
>
> How old are you?

I'm 35, 36 in August

> When did you first start reading RACC, alt.comic.lnh, or
> were you one of the people who originally participated in
> the original LNH thread on rec.arts.comics?

In early to mid 1994

> What was the first series or story you read?

...uh...
< panic >
I can't remember after all this time. The first series that I
can *recall* reading was either Retcon Hour or some of Martin
Phipps' stuff. Or possibly it may have been Dvandom Force.

The problem is that looking back through google as a memeory
prompt, there was stuff from that period which I don't recall
seeing, let alone reading. I'm pretty sure that it's the case
that my earliest LNH readings were quite distinct from my
earliest RACC readings  - and unfortunately I can't recall
when I segued in from alt.comics.lnh either.

Methinks I should set aside some time to go back and at least
skim through the headers of the ealy RACC posts. That's a tactic
that's paid off for rereading the original LNH thread. For
instance, does anyone else recall that in the call-to-arms by
Ben Pierce that the LNHHQ is described as looking like a
computer terminal planted upside down in the ground? That's just
so cool. I think I'll have to use that sometime.

------
Saxon Brenton    Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au