[RACCies] Official RACCie ballot

Jamie Rosen dq831 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Wed Feb 11 17:50:13 PST 2004

Blah. I'd have posted this sooner, but I'm rarely home, and even more
rarely home with any free time. Luckily, soon this won't be a problem any
more (see the end of the ballot for why!)

NB: Due to my own laxitude in posting this, there is a new deadline for
ballots.

    The (r)ACCIES are a two-step process:
     1.  Nominations.  Open.  The only restriction is that you may
    not nominate yourself or any stories you worked on.  (I will
    except crossovers under the assumption it is the others'
    contributions you wish to recognize ;] ).  The objective is
    to overlook _no_ quality stories, yet still keep the ballot
    a reasonable length, so nominate as many as you wish but
    make sure _someone'd_ vote for them.
         In addition to the below listed categories,
    participants are encouraged to create 'special' (read --
    comedic) awards to include in the balloting.  Include a
    winner with your award.  I will exert editorial fiat over
    these nominations, choosing the funniest among duplicates
    and dismissing ones in bad taste or ones with vicious intent.
         Nominations are RACC-wide: all posted imprints, stories
    and authors are eligible as long as the story(ies) in
    question were posted after 23 DEC 2002 and before 24 DEC 2003.

         Nomination Period ends: JAN 31 2004

     2.  Elections.  Crunch time.  Pick three and rank them 1,2,3
    (no self-voting).  Track and field scoring in effect -- ie 1st is
    5pts, 2nd is 3pts and 3rd is 1pt.  Most points wins. Democracy
    inaction!

         Election Period ends: MAR 15 2004

     NOTE:  Please return all nominations and ballots to
     raccie_ballot at hotmail.com. I'm using a hotmail account because this
     one has a mighty small mailbox.

     ALSO:  I highly reccommend each author post a message informing the
     community which of his works are eligible.  It may just jog
     someone's memory into voting for you!

     ============================== clip & return ======================

       THE rACCIES -- RACC-WIDE AWARDS

        RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:
Saxon BRENTON
Martin PHIPPS
Ted BROCK
Dave Van DOMELEN (Dvandom)
Jessica IHIMAERA-SMILER
Adrian J. MCCLURE (Time Warrior)
Chris MEADOWS
Tony PI
Ben RAWLUK
Andrew PERRON
Jamie ROSEN
Tom RUSSELL
Jesse WILLEY

        RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:  as billed, not
            	implemented
Exarchs [SG/LNH]
Hell's Titans [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade [LNH]
Lagneto 2016 [LNH]
The Team [LNH]
Ultimate Mercenary [LNH]
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) [LNH]
Conclave of Super Villains [ASH]
Team M.E.C.H.A. [SG]

        RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:  12 issues or less,
            	including one-shots
Drabble Girl [LNH]
Ultimate Mercenary [LNH]
Flame Wars VI [LNH]

        RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC: multi-issue storyline that is NOT
	    	RACC3
The Families Storyline (Writers Block Woman #37-39) [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade #'s 18-26 [LNH]
Flame Wars VI [LNH]
"It Came from The Late Late Show", Limp-Asparagus Lad #46-50 [LNH]
"Villain's Apprentice" Conclave of Super Villains #22-25 [ASH]
Exarchs #27-28 [SG/LNH] (Jack cancels his employment contract with Hell)

        RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:
Net.heroes on Parade # 18 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade # 19 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade # 20 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade # 21 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade # 22 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade # 23 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade # 24 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade # 25 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade # 26 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad #46 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad #47 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad #48 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad #49 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad #50 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad #51 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad Special #1 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad Special #2 [LNH]
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) #37 [LNH]
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) #38 [LNH]
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) #39 [LNH]
The Team #50 [LNH]
The Team Annual #3 [LNH]
Exarchs #14 [SG/LNH]
Adjusted League Unimpeachable #109 [SG]

        RACC6.  FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY:  series or one-shot
            	across all imprints
Ultimate Mercenary [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad [LNH]
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) [LNH]
"That Enad thing"
Adventures of Young Knight Erbert [Misc]
Digital Jump #3.5 [LNH]
Dirk Kelvin is YYY #1 [LNH]
Miss TranslaXXXion [LNH]
Moozilla [LNH]

        RACC7.  FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING:  ditto, but
            	serious
Exarchs [LNH]
Hell's Titans [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade [LNH]
The Team [LNH]
Miss Translaxxxion #1 [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad Special #1 [LNH]

        RACC8.  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:
Reviews Special

        RACC9.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:
[LNH]
[ASH]
[SG]

        RACC10.  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:
Martin Phipps
Saxon Brenton
Dave Van Domelan
Ted Brock
Jamas Enright
Brian Perler
Rob Rogers
Marc Singer

        RACC11.  BEST FLAMEWAR:  by thread, not instigator
* Is RACC dying? (Feb)

* Readers having problems with series that rely on
heavy backstory/
     continuity (Feb)

* Fine tuning the rating system on Wil's Ego (March)

* No, it's *my* powerful and vaguely sinister
corporate executive who has
     the biggest company on Earth (July)

* The 2003 Flamewar eligibles

* No more LNH initiations by Peril Room

*We didn't give you permission to use our imprint in your crossover

        RACC12.  FAVORITE RUNNING GAG:

        RACC13.  MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR:  from 23 DEC 2002 to
            	present
Danehog
Martin Phipps

        RACC14.  FAVORITE NEW WRITER:  first RACC posting after 23
            	DEC 2000
Thomas KEHOE

        RACC15.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:  same as RACC 2, issue #1 after
Hell's Titans [LNH]
Ultimate Mercenary [LNH]
Drabble Girl [LNH]
Moozilla [LNH]

      THE RABBIT-BREEDERS CUP -- Awarded to the most prolific
           writer in this  or _any_ fanfic forum.  We're measuring
           volume, folks.

Jesse Willey
Martin Phipps
Dave Van Domelen

      THE IMAGE TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED) --
            For that author whose works are most consistently late.
Tom Russell
Adrian McClure
Andrew Perron
Ted Brock
Jessica Ihimaera-Smiler
Jamie Rosen
Rob Rogers
All of us

      THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD -- for the
	    favorite RACC-related web page
Wilsego.com/racc

Legion of Net.Heroes Homepage
http://www.eyrie.org/lnh/

Superguy Homepage
http://www.eyrie.org/superguy/

ASH Page

Blue Light Productions page

Omega page

            **For RACC4, include issue numbers, if known**
            **For RACC5, include short blurb that identifies issue**

       THE ACCIES -- LNH AWARDS.
        LNH1.  FAVORITE WRITER:
Saxon BRENTON
Ted BROCK
Dave Van DOMELEN (Dvandom)
Jessica IHIMAERA-SMILER
Adrian J. MCCLURE (Time Warrior)
Andrew PERRON
Jamie ROSEN
Tom RUSSELL
Jesse WILLEY
Martin PHIPPS

        LNH2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:
Exarchs [SG/LNH]
Hell's Titans [LNH]
Limp-Asparagus Lad [LNH]
Lagneto 2016 [LNH]
Net.heroes on Parade [LNH]
The Team [LNH]
Ultimate Mercenary [LNH]
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) [LNH]
Digital Jump [LNH]
Miss Translation [LNH]

        LNH3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:
Drabble Girl [LNH]
Ultimate Mercenary [LNH]
Flame Wars VI
Young Lagneto
LNH: The Early Years
Lagneto Saga

        LNH4.  FAVORITE ARC:  includes crossovers
Net.heroes on Parade #'s 18-26 [LNH]
Flame Wars VI
It Came from The Late Late Show", Limp-Asparagus Lad #46-50
The Families Storyline (Writers Block Woman)
Exarchs #27-28 (Jack cancels his employment contract with Hell)

        LNH5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:

Net.heroes on Parade # 18
Net.heroes on Parade # 19
Net.heroes on Parade # 20
Net.heroes on Parade # 21
Net.heroes on Parade # 22
Net.heroes on Parade # 23
Net.heroes on Parade # 24
Net.heroes on Parade # 25
Net.heroes on Parade # 26
Limp-Asparagus Lad #46
Limp-Asparagus Lad #47
Limp-Asparagus Lad #48
Limp-Asparagus Lad #49
Limp-Asparagus Lad #50
Limp-Asparagus Lad #51
Limp-Asparagus Lad Special #1
Limp-Asparagus Lad Special #2
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) #37
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) #38
Writer's Block Woman (and Mouse) #39
The Team #50
Anal Retentive Archive Lad
The Non-Continuing Misadventures of (Some of) Miss Translation's
Villains
Digital Jump #3.5
Exarchs #14
Master Blaster & Future Girl #2
The Team Annual #3

        LNH6.  FAVORITE LNHer:

Ultimate Ninja
Irony Man
Miss Translation
Lagneto
CAW
Swordmaster
Limp-Asparagus Lad
Mouse
Cheesecake Eater Lad
Fearless Leader
Kid Kirby

        LNH7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN:

Lagneto
Dr. Killfile
Professor Perhap
The Anti-Moderator
Madelyne Frost
Ultimate Headhunter
Alicia Avenue
Chatilion
Onion Lad
Dr. Liverwurst (Limp-Asparagus Lad)
Tsar Chasm

        LNH8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:

Cookie Crumple
Vel
Deja Dude
Retcon Lad
Fred the receptionist

        LNH9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:

Ultimate Headhunter
Vel
Shagneto
Drabble Girl

        LNH10.  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON A.C.LNH: (does
             anybody?)

EagleBot/Looniversal Answering Machine

      THE JOHNNY SAKO "COME BACK GIANT ROBOT, COME
BACK" LOVING CUP -- for the LNHer that is most sorely
missed

Sean "Brain Boy" Daugherty
Tom Russell
Matt Rossi
Jamas Enright
Rob Rogers
Paul Hardy
Ken Schmidt
Abhay Khosla
All of them!

NEW RACCIES ADMINISTRATOR:

Saxon Brenton is acclaimed, as he was the only one bold enough to offer
his services. Thank you, Saxon, on behalf of myself, and -- after I
botched this so poorly -- all of RACC. After I have collected and
tabulated the votes and put together the RACCies ceremony, it will be
Saxon, and not I, in charge of our very own awards programme.

--

Jamie Rosen's e-book _Vessel of Heaven_ is now available from Jintsu Etexts
Check it out at http://www.eggplant-productions.com/jintsu