[RACCies] Saxon's Self-Promotional Bringe for 2004

Saxon Brenton saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Thu Dec 23 13:31:27 PST 2004

Okay then, this is a tad later than you would normally expect for a
Self-Promotional Binge post, but that's because I knew that if I got my
finger out I'd be able to finish Limp-Asparagus Lad #54 in time for this
year's deadline.  Anyway, what I have produced this year:

Three issues of Limp-Asparagus Lad. #52-54, for the LNH imprint, featuring
the threat of The Phantom Raspberry Blower of Olde Net.ropolis Towne. A
bunch of characters get trapped in a bizarro version of Net.ropolis's
old quarter. Featuring new characters of the Phantom Raspberry Blower
(villain), Professor Guttmann and Elizabeth. Also featuring randomly
thrown in scenes with Limp-Asparagus Lad fighting fires, a miscelaneous
citizen being accosted by door-to-door Baconian evangelists, and Very
Big Boy reading up on the history of the LNH-HQ.

One issue of Bride of C'thulhu. #8, for the LNH imprint, featuring
Occultism Kid, Skunk Girl and Dualist Lad going back in time to cast
their part of the spell to remove Sig.net.a's hold on reality. Also with
Dr Stomper explaining Hypertext Time. Featuring the new character of the
Cleric, one of the Elders of the Looniverse, who turns up and makes
appropriately cryptic comments of doom and foreboding as all good
cosmic entities should.

Forty-five issues of the Daily Super Short-Short Story[!]  #19-63,
collected under the 'A Devil Came To Georgia' arc, for the LNHY imprint.
Stream-of-consciousness writing warring with an underlying plot direction.
Featuring the machinations of Damian the evil sock, and later his cohorts,
as they try to entrap the newly fledged superhuman Martin Wryce, who has
received both divine and infernal powers. Featuring all new characters:
Martin Wryce (MegaMetal BlastLord), TJ, Delroy, plus (villains) Damian,
Lisa, Kien and Tsurlich. I don't think Bel.gzip.bub counts as a new
character, even though his previous appearance was years ago in the LNH
imprint. I suppose the cynocephali version of St. Christopher might
count as a new character.

Eleven issues of End Of Months Reviews. #1-11, for both all imprints and
no imprint in particular. I keep telling you and telling you I'm only
doing it for my own benefit, so why do you keep reading this stuff? Most
of it's just plot summary anyway! Eligible for favourite reviews series,
I suppose.

---
Saxon Brenton     Uni of TYechnology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au