[LNH/Admin] For consultation: history of the LNHHQ

saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Mon Dec 20 17:54:28 PST 2004

Dave Van Domelon replied:
> Saxon Brenton <saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au> wrote:
>>      * The Society of Wireless Heroes of the 1950s is not stated,
>> but can be strongly inferred, to be not just British but Britain-
>> based. [_Dvandom Force_ #37-38] Out of story comments by Dvandom
>> suggest that they may have been active as early as late WW2.

>     That is correct.  While active worldwide, the SWH was based in
> England somewhere.  East Acton, perhaps.  :)
>
>>      * The Net.tastic Nine are active in the Silver Age of the
>> 1960s, before they fell out of continuity due to the machinations
>> of IMPLO and probably Defacto V as well. [_Dvandom Force_ #42, 43]
>> Dunno where they were based.
>
>      I think I intended them to be in the Mando Building (Mando and
> Baxter are both types of paper used in comics).

Okay, that's interesting. I might see if that can be worked in
if you don't object.

>      And, of course, the whole System Corruptors bit I wrote was
> always intended to be "maybe, maybe not".  One of those things no
> one will ever know for sure.  }->

Yes. I have no intention of ever having the characters know, and
I doubt if I'd ever mention it in-story for just that reason - but
find the idea just too cool not to have it sitting there in the
background.

> And my Babbage City thing was a direct ref to Astro City.

Ah, well then. All the more reason to use it :-)

>      Dave Van Domelen, suspects the sub-sub-sub-basements eventually
> connect up to the Infinite Library....

---
Saxon Brenton      Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au