[LNH] [META] Metaphysical Meanderings

Saxon Brenton saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Tue Aug 3 14:32:21 PDT 2004

Martin Phipps replied:
> Saxon Brenton wrote:
>> Andrew asked:
>>
>>> Likewise, would cutting off the flow of Humor have disastrous results
>>> similar to cutting off Drama?
>>
>>      Hmm.  Dunno.  It might seriously damage the universe, or it might
>> simply become more serious.  Or going off in the other direction, possibly
>> the void left by the absence of Humour would become filled with Angst,
>> which would be a fate worse than death.
>
> Hmm.  Did nobody read here the first twelve issues of Journey Into
> Irrelevancy?  Tom delt with this issue head on.  The rungs (or
> whatever) of comedy were stolen by the villain and this lead to an
> alt.ernate apocalyptic future which was deadly serious.

  Ah yes. Dr Willy (sp?) and the Clogs of Comedy.

> By the way, I should make the following disclaimer.
>
> DISCLAIMER
>
> The portrayal of Mon.gosub.lians in LNH Asia: Full Throtle #1 is not
> meant as a parody of Mongolians but rather as a parody of the way
> Mongolians were portrayed in Charlie's Angels: Full Throtle.

  Okay, my bad.  I watch so little television and movies these days that
the reference went completely over me.
  Not that that's going to stop me from planning a story about a
Mo.gosub.lian university student - my ideas on the universities in
Net.ropolis are becoming increasingly weird as I incorporate more
and more elements from GURPS Illumainated University and the
Teenagers From Outer Space RPGs.  It just means that I can now use
CA:FT as a source to parody.
  (Oh! And anime! It occurred to me over the weekend that I really
should do a panty-theif chase scene one of these days. Possibly
even during a Sidekickz concert.)

> I actually did date a woman for a while whose mother was ethnically
> Mongolian.
>
> Hmm.  Nobody on this group sounds surprised to hear that.

  Nope. Not surprised at all.

-----
Saxon Brenton    Uniu of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If