LNH: Was It All Just a Dream? was Re: [LNH] [META] Various and sundry commentitude

Martin Phipps phippsmartin at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 00:39:16 PDT 2004

arspitzer at aol.com (Arspitzer) wrote in message
news:<20040731221332.24956.00000549 at mb-m20.aol.com>...
> Martin Phipps wrote:
> >Seriously, the problem isn't the size of the LNH but the fact that the
> >LNH Roster hasn't been updated since 1999.  It is a potential in joke
> >in the making.  ("He's dead?  But the roster says 'usable with
> >permission'."  "Well, sure, if you want to revive him I guess.")  That
> >means that no character introduced since 1999 will be listed on the
> >roster.  You can imagine the LNH to be as big as you like but
> >officially it won't get any bigger (or smaller) than it was in 1999.
> >That's the problem.
>
> Does that mean that "officially" the Ultimate Ninja isn't a member of
> the LNH since he doesn't have a roster entry?

Nor does Easily Discovered Man.  I always expected wReam and Roger to
write their own entries but, hmm, looks like they never did. :)

Seriously though, I remember there was a time when people would worry
about not being included on the roster for fear of, literally, not
being considered an official member of the LNH.  I suppose we could go
back to having the roster posted to the group rather than try to
update the one on line but then we'd have pointless discussions as to
who was still around and who had left and who was currently dead, etc.
 The way I figure it, if a character isn't being written about then
he/she isn't an active member any more. :)

Martin