[NNTP] [Errata Rejected] RFC3977 (2004)

Barry Leiba barryleiba at computer.org
Sun May 13 15:16:40 PDT 2012

> I have just been aware that erratum 2004 was rejected.
> Yet, I do not understand why.

Well, the response in the rejection reason is taken directly from an
exchange I had with Clive.  Now, he did also suggest that I might pass
it by Russ Allbery, which I have not yet done.  Since he's copied on
this exchange, he can comment.  Clive's point wasn't meant to say that
your suggestion in the errata report wasn't good, but that it's not
bringing up an *error* in the original spec.  If what you suggest is
an appropriate change, it might be considered if there's work done to
revise the document.

I'd be happy, if Clive, Russ, and Julien all think it's the right
approach, to change the erratum to "hold for document update".  Russ
Allbery, do you have a comment on this?

Barry Leiba, Applications Area Director