[NNTP] Article Numbers Becoming Invalid (RFC 3977)

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Fri Jan 15 14:17:50 PST 2010

Hi Clive,

> This works for me. NEXT also needs a change:
>
>    If the current article number is valid and there is no next article
>    in the currently selected newsgroup, a 421 response ...
>
> with the remaining wording left unchanged.

Yes.  I did it yesterday:
    http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=2003

>>> So the erratum would basically just mention the code to use.  And this
>>> code is 423.
>> Hm, that's a very interesting point.  Clive, what do you think?
>
> I agree with Julien, and I think we should submit an erratum covering all
> these points.  I think one of my previous messages today gives all the
> wording changes needed.

Also done (a bit too earlier) yesterday:
    http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=2004

Your wording is better than what I suggested.  If you want to change it,
please reply to the erratum mail of which you are in copy.  It will let
the RFC editor know what he should put.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Omnia uincit Amor et nos cedamus Amori. » (Virgile)