[NNTP] Article Numbers Becoming Invalid (RFC 3977)

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Fri Jan 15 04:02:27 PST 2010

Julien LIE said:
> So the new suggested wording is:
>
>   If the currently selected newsgroup is invalid, a 412 response MUST
>   be returned.  If the currently selected newsgroup is valid but the
>   current article number is invalid, a 420 response MUST be returned.
>   If the current article number is valid and there is no previous article
>   in the currently selected newsgroup, a 422 response MUST be returned.
>   In all three cases, the currently selected newsgroup and current article
>   number MUST NOT be altered.

This works for me. NEXT also needs a change:

    If the current article number is valid and there is no next article
    in the currently selected newsgroup, a 421 response ...

with the remaining wording left unchanged.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.