[NNTP] Additions to LIST commands

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Sat Nov 28 02:12:00 PST 2009

Hi Antti-Juhani,

>> Unless readers have a need for that information?  Please speak up if
>> that's the case.  Thanks,
>
> I suspect any group suddenly changing from y to x is going to cause questions,
> which the server admin will have to answer in some out-of-band way.  Better to
> provide the information in-band (assuming clients start telling users that "r"
> happened and what it means).

OK, I understand your point.

I'm wondering why we do not have something like LIST EXPIRE which could tell
readers how long articles are kept by the news server in its newsgroups...

Other currently out-of-band information is the list of hierarchies for which
control articles are (supposed to be) honoured, the list of NoCeM issuers whose
notices are (supposed to be) honoured...

But maybe no one cares about having these lists in-band?
LIST EXPIRE seems to have the same interest as LIST REMOVALS, doesn't it?

--
Julien ÉLIE

« En voyant le lit vide, il le devint. » (Ponson du Terrail)