[NNTP] Additions to LIST commands

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Nov 17 12:20:20 PST 2009

Hi Russ,

> But I think the
> idea of reading the junk group via a regular GROUP junk command is a bit
> dubious.  I'm not sure how many people would do that.

At least on fr.*, a few people like to add "Followup-To: junk" on certain
occasions; and read (and sometimes respond) to answers which kept that
follow up.

> Currently in the INN implementation, j is roughly equivalent to =junk.

"roughly" :)

As I wrote in news.software.nntp, if:

 - group1 is status "j",
 - group2 is status "=junk",
 - group3 is status "y",

then :

 * a local post to group1 only will be accepted (and filed into "junk")
   whereas a local post to group2 only will not be accepted;

 * a crosspost to group1,group3 will be filed into only group3 whereas
   a crosspost to group2,group3 will be rejected if it is a local post
   and filed into "junk" and group3 if it comes from a peer.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Un seul être vous manque et tout est dépeuplé. » (Alphonse de Lamartine)