[NNTP] Article Numbers Becoming Invalid (RFC 3977)

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Wed Dec 30 08:44:27 PST 2009

Hi Clive,

> I need to go back and re-read what I wrote all those years ago.

In case it could help, I found out "New wording on article numbers"
    <http://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/ietf-nntp/1996-December/thread.html#365>
and "LISTGROUP":
    <http://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/ietf-nntp/2005-April/thread.html#5258>

but no mention of the notion of "first article", except that for
LISTGROUP, there is an extensive discussion on whether the article
number should be set to the first existing number provided in the
optional range.

I was hoping to find a discussion about GROUP itself but did not
manage to.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Tempora si fuerint nubila, solus eris. » (Ovide)