[NNTP] Re: nntp and rfc 3977

Ade Lovett ade at lovett.com
Sun Jun 22 18:58:26 PDT 2008

On Jun 20, 2008, at 06:27 , Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

> I've just received this message. I've suggested to Nathan that he
> subscribe
> to the list.

With all due respect to the INN and diablo folks, I certainly think
the time has come to consider a new 3977-specific reference
implementation, with the emphasis being the protocol, rather than
tuned for optimal performance under insane workloads.

I believe this would serve two purposes:

1.  The "proving" of the protocol itself
2.  Providing a straightforward package which newsreader authors can
test against, ensuring correct client-server interaction.

Thoughts?

-aDe