[NNTP] Adding A Quota Command to NNTP (internet-draft)

Peter Robinson pmrobinson at gmx.net
Thu Feb 22 12:15:11 PST 2007

Ade Lovett <ade at lovett.com> wrote:

> I guess the main question would be what kind of "server information" could
> possibly be made available to the client beyond timeout/ maxartsize.

Max concurrent connections perhaps?  Not sure how much benefit clients
could make of that information but both text and binary clients often
open multiple simultaneous connections and the only way they currently
have to discover a limit is to wait for a 400.

It certainly causes user complaints, but half the trouble seems to be
caused by clients (OE?) just dropping connection without QUITting
cleanly.

Peter