[NNTP] Re: Protocol Action: 'Netnews Article Format' to Proposed Standard

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Wed Feb 21 12:23:07 PST 2007

[First attempt via GMaNe didn't work, next attempt]

Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:15:22 +0100
From: Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de>
Newsgroups: gmane.ietf.nntp
Subject: Re: Protocol Action: 'Netnews Article Format' to Proposed Standard

Russ Allbery wrote one the USEFOR list:

>> The URIs are really a matter for the uri at w3.org list (or maybe for
>> the now dormant NNTP list, if Russ agrees).

> I'm happy to have them be discussed there.  As far as I'm concerned,
> the ietf-nntp list is available for discussion of any NNTP-related
> protocol issues that people feel it would be appropriate for.

My first attempt to add ietf-nntp to the list of "non-WG" lists a week
ago failed for unclear reasons, I tried it again today.  Most of the
news-nntp-uri I-D is probably really a matter for the URI list, but
some details might be also interesting here for folks not reading the
URI list.

My latest addition addresses the obscure news-message-ID access type,
for a diff see http://tinyurl.com/3dknev

Frank