[NNTP] Sasl protocol is now out

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 9 09:24:30 PDT 2006

Charles Lindsey <chl at clerew.man.ac.uk> writes:

> I see that the new SASL standard is now out as RFC 4422.
> Does this bring us nearer to getting the NNTP drafts out?

I personally have no idea -- I don't have a lot of visibility into the RFC
Editor queue.  Per <http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html>, the only
remaining dependencies are internal to the set of four documents, so I
hope so.

Of course, I've not had *any* time for the past three or four months.  :/
I'm hoping that's going to settle down around September so that I can
finish the INN implementation and then start collecting information for
the next phase.