[NNTP] Working Group Closure

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Sep 29 03:28:36 PDT 2005

Scott Hollenbeck said:
> Not holding meetings during IETF meetings also concerns me
> because the group doesn't get the benefit of the available high-bandwidth,
> face-to-face communication opportunities.

I certainly can't justify going to IETF just to work on NNTP. It's quite
likely I can't justify it even to attend three or four working groups.

When was the last face-to-face meeting of this group? How much got done
then, and how much of that didn't get overridden later?

> In short: a small number of people active on a mailing list does not a
> working group make.

We seem to have managed an awful lot.