[NNTP] Working Group Closure

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Thu Sep 29 03:25:37 PDT 2005

Scott Hollenbeck said:
> One outdated milestone remains: "Oct 04 Provide list of new extensions that
> should be considered to the IESG for charter update consideration"
>
> Given that this milestone has been missed by almost a year and there doesn't
> appear to be any work going on to address it I am inclined to drop the
> milestone, consider the work of this group complete, and close the group.

In previous discussions we've said "get the document out of the door, then
recharter to look at X". Does anyone have a list of X? [Large numbers is an
obvious example.] I think that's better than closing the group.

> The mailing list can remain
> open to address that topic and any issues that come up during the RFC
> editing process.

I think we still have an open issue or two.

> That's my proposal.  Speak now if you feel the group should remain open.

I do, though rechartering is obviously needed.

> If
> you do feel that the group should remain open, you should also explain how
> you will help to complete the work and contribute to work going forward.

I can certainly act as Editor for some of the work.