[NNTP] Working Group Closure

Scott Hollenbeck sah at 428cobrajet.net
Tue Sep 27 05:57:57 PDT 2005

A few minutes ago I sent a request to the IETF Secretariat to announce IESG
approval of draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-09.txt and
draft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo-10.txt.  With those documents completed, the
work of this group is pretty much finished.

One outdated milestone remains: "Oct 04 Provide list of new extensions that
should be considered to the IESG for charter update consideration"

Given that this milestone has been missed by almost a year and there doesn't
appear to be any work going on to address it I am inclined to drop the
milestone, consider the work of this group complete, and close the group.
Work to address new extensions can then by taken up if and when people are
ready to consider forming a new working group.  The mailing list can remain
open to address that topic and any issues that come up during the RFC
editing process.

That's my proposal.  Speak now if you feel the group should remain open.  If
you do feel that the group should remain open, you should also explain how
you will help to complete the work and contribute to work going forward.

-Scott-