[NNTP] Status and issue resolutions

Ade Lovett ade at lovett.com
Fri May 20 01:06:08 PDT 2005

On May 20, 2005, at 01:00 , Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
> If I were starting from scratch, I would have something like:
>
>     ENTERGROUP (group|".") [range]]

I do believe that this something of this form should be strongly
considered as one of the first officially sanctioned capabilities
extensions after the release of this document.  We may have to live
with the GROUP/LISTGROUP mess for now, but there's no reason it needs
to stay that way.  In fact, the additions to both GROUP and LISTGROUP
here should make it easy for both server- and client-side authors to
add this on.

> However, just to clear my worries, do you see any *unintended*
> differences
> between the present two specifications?

Not as far as I can tell, no.

-aDe