[NNTP] Status and issue resolutions

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu May 19 05:02:11 PDT 2005

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Ken, can you put out final versions of your drafts?  I don't believe there
> have been many changes, but I seem to recall that the latest versions
> weren't fully published as I-Ds.

No problem.  I've had them ready since last week (idnits compliant) and
I've just been waiting for draft-26 since I refer to its ABNF
constructs, among other things.  I can submit them anytime, and I can do
it today or tomorrow afternoon to coincide with Clive's submission.  Let
me know what you'd like me to do.

FYI, here are the changes that I have made.  If I've missed anything
please let me know.

AUTHINFO:

      Changed:
      o  Updated to RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate.
      o  Uses new ABNF tokens from [NNTP].
      o  Fixed a typo in note regarding AUTHINFO SASL and 480 response.

STARTTLS:

      Changed:
      o  Updated to RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate.
      o  Fixed CAPABILITIES responses (specifically LIST arguments) in
         examples.

      Clarified:
      o  2.1: STARTTLS MUST NOT be advertised once a TLS layer is active
         or after successful authentication.

STREAMING:

      Changed:
      o  Updated to RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate.
      o  Uses new ABNF tokens from [NNTP].
      o  Uses new "multi-line data block" term from [NNTP].
      o  POST has its own capability.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127