[NNTP] Draft 26 pre-2

Ade Lovett ade at lovett.com
Tue May 10 09:02:17 PDT 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 23:14 , Clive D.W. Feather wrote:

> Andrew - Supernews said:
>
>> I reiterate my objection to messing with the GROUP command at this
>> extremely late stage.
>>

> What about the response to LISTGROUP? That also requires the group
> name to
> be stored.

If you've changed that, too, (I've lost track of the drafts, diffs,
cut-n-pastes etc) then that's an issue as well.

As it stands right now, LISTGROUP most definitely does not need the
*human-readable* version of the group name to be stored.

 >>> listgroup
<<< 412 no newsgroup has been selected
 >>> group supernews.test
<<< 211 225 48045 48269 supernews.test group selected
 >>> listgroup
<<< 211 article list follows
<<< 48045
     [...]
<<< .

Since there is a reasonable amount number of objections here, please
revert both GROUP and LISTGROUP to the original wording corresponding
to how things are right now.

Thanks,
     -aDe