[NNTP] LISTGROUP wording

Peter Robinson pmrobinson at gmx.net
Sat May 7 05:11:36 PDT 2005

Clive D.W. Feather <clive at demon.net> wrote:

> I've edited my master copy to add ranges to LISTGROUP

This is excellent, dealing with all the issues from the first attempt
that concerned me.

> and make the group rgument to GROUP optional.

You have done this without adding complexity to the document or
significantly lengthening it, so the complaints that it's 'feature
creep' or that it's too late to do this are unfounded IMHO.

On the other hand, requiring servers to store the group name (for GROUP
with no parameters or the long changed LISTGROUP response) is a real
issue.  I don't want to take a position on that.

Regards,

Peter