[NNTP] Internationalisation, attempt 2

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue May 3 09:33:31 PDT 2005

"Clive D.W. Feather" <clive at demon.net> writes:

> Hmm. Do we want to forbid recoding of articles as they arrive? Obviously
> the HDR data must correspond to the article as it would be delivered.

Recoding in transit should be expressly forbidden, i. e. "MUST NOT",
although the initial normalization that makes the article ready for
injection (cf. the roles such as injecting agent and similar) OTOH
should expressly be required to either normalize to standards or reject
the article; this would remove the need of any later encoding.

--
Matthias Andree