[NNTP] Re: New NNTP drafts approaching IETF Last Call

Mark Crispin MRC at CAC.Washington.EDU
Thu Mar 24 09:41:39 PST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
> Since I was reading it for other reasons, can I please point at RFC 2821,
> section 2.3.1:

The fallacy in your argument is that NNTP does not directly correspond to
SMTP.  NNTP is both an access and a posting protocol.  Consequently, NNTP
must consider the access protocols (POP3 and IMAP).  As soon as you do
that, the precedent of IMAP invalidates your argument.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.