[NNTP] Article ranges

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 7 10:06:17 PST 2005

I see that our current draft, following RFC 2980, only allows nnn-nnn and
nnn- as ranges.

   The message-id argument indicates a specific article.  The range
   argument may be any of the following:
   o  an article number
   o  an article number followed by a dash to indicate all following
   o  an article number followed by a dash followed by another article
      number

INN also supports -nnn and -.  Should we mention anything at all about
this in the draft, or just stick with what we have?  My inclination is to
stay with what we have, since it's easier to turn the latter form into a
supported range by just prepending "1" and this description is simpler,
but I wanted to make sure that we had an explicit discussion about this
and I don't recall it coming up before.