[NNTP] Working group last call

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 5 17:15:05 PST 2005

I'm very sorry I've not been on top of this.  I got way behind on
everything not work-related.

I believe that with the last round of released I-Ds, we should be done.
I'm not aware of any remaining major open issues, just maybe some wording
and editing tweaks.  Accordingly, I would like to start a working group
last call for all of the following:

    draft-ietf-nntpext-base-25.txt
    draft-ietf-nntpext-authinfo-06.txt
    draft-ietf-nntpext-streaming-03.txt
    draft-ietf-nntpext-tls-nntp-04.txt

with the intention that, if no issues are discovered during the last call
period, the documents will be put forward for publication as Proposed
Standards together.

I will also be posting a message about this to news.software.nntp to make
sure that the broader NNTP community is aware that we did another round on
capabilities and now believe that we're done, and I'm also going to let
Mark Crispin know so that he can review the current documents.

The last call period will be two weeks from today, and will therefore end
March 19, 2005.  At that point, I expect that I'll put these documents
forward for IESG approval, possibly after a round of minor modifications
if we turn up necessary wording improvements.