[NNTP] STREAMING diffs (take 2)

Ade Lovett ade at lovett.com
Mon Jun 13 16:56:37 PDT 2005

Ken Murchison wrote:
> What's the vote count?  Ade was the only one dead set against the text,
> all others were in for it or on the fence, right?

Not quite.

I am against this text *in isolation* since it would be the only part of
the document that deals specifically with how to handle protocol abuse,
particularly as it is part of a capability that would, in current
practice, be available only to otherwise trusted clients who could do
significantly more damage much more easily.

If the *each aspect* of the protocol that could be abused to render
service impairment is (a) identified [hard] and (b) given equivalent
treatment [long-winded], then I would withdraw my objection.

I see absolutely no reason why CHECK/TAKETHIS/431 should be given such
special treatment.

-aDe